Hartselle Park & Recreation Winter Events
- Letters to Santa- This is the perfect opportunity to get your letter to Santa! We have a direct connection with the big guy! We will forward your letter to Santa and he will personally respond. (Please enclose a stamp with your letter.) All letters are due by December 8 to allow Santa time to answer. Teachers, if you plan to do this as a class project, please have the letters to the civic center by December 4.
- Night at the Depot- All aboard the Polar Express!! Join us on December 1 at 6 pm at the historic Hartselle Train Depot. Children ages 5-10 are encouraged to wear your favorite pajamas while you enjoy viewing a Christmas favorite, The Polar Express. Tickets are $10 each and must be purchased at the civic center no later than November 27. Ticket prices include a meal, snacks and a visit from a special guest. Parents are encouraged to drop off the kids and enjoy the evening. Several downtown merchants and restaurants are offering extended hours on this date for your shopping pleasure!
- Shining Stars Basketball League- Athletes, with special needs that are ages 8 and older are invited to register from December 4-January 19 at the civic center. There is no fee for the athletes. Games will be played on Thursdays at 5:30 pm from February 8-March 15. All games will be played on half court with an 8 foot goal. Volunteer registration will be held on the same dates. There is a $15 fee for volunteers. If your company/organization is interested in sponsoring a team please contact the civic center at 256-773-2581.
- Breakfast with Santa – We have a festive morning planned with Santa on December 9 at 9 am at The Depot. The event is open to boys and girls ages 12 and under. The fee is $10 per child and includes breakfast provided by Bentley’s. You must register and pay at the civic center no later than December 4.
- Pool Pass Sale – We are having a one day pool pass sale on December 12 from 8 AM-8 PM. If you’d like to give the gift of fun this year, here’s your chance! We are offering season passes for the Hartselle Aquatic Center at a discounted rate of $70 for one and $35 for each additional in the household. We will have gift certificates available.
- Hartselle Kiwanis Christmas Parade-The annual Christmas Parade will be held December 14 at 7 PM in downtown Hartselle! This event is sponsored by the Hartselle Kiwanis Club. For more information, please visit their website at hartsellekiwanisclub.org
- Men’s Basketball League- Registration will be held the whole month of January. The fee is $450 per team. All players must be at least 18 years old. Games will begin in February. For more information contact the civic center at 256-773-2581