EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY THE WALK-THROUGH METAL DETECTOR WILL BE USED FOR ALL MEETINGS OF THE HARTSELLE CITY COUNCIL. ITEMS PROHIBITED INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Any items such as bags, purses, backpacks or packages.
- Any firearm as defined in Alabama Code Section 13A-11-61.2.
- Any deadly weapon, dangerous or explosive device, or as would by common sense or common usage be used primarily or secondarily as a weapon.
- Any other instrument that is specially adapted as a weapon or dangerous object.
- Any knife or any knife-like instrument of any length the purpose or design of which suggests that it is not merely a normal pocketknife and normally carried.
- Any straight razor or razor blade.
- Mace or pepper spray.
- Any alcohol or drug of abuse or illegal substance.
- Any incendiary device or firework, including smoke and stink bombs.
- Any type of device that operates as a noisemaker or sound amplifier, except a personal hearing aid that operates without disruption during the meeting.
The security officers may exclude any other item or items that caution, good sense, or professional experience suggest are inappropriate to the meeting environment, whether or not that item is specifically listed.