THE CITY OF HARTSELLE
Is now accepting applications for the position of
Public Works Director
Salary Range: $54,914.42 – $83,557.07
Starting Salary Range: $54,914.42 – $62,127.52
1. Must have a valid Alabama Driver’s License and be insurable.
2. A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Public Administration, Business Management, Engineering or related field.
3. Minimum of six years public works experience including at least four years’ experience at a supervisory/Management level.
4. Ability to work non-standard hours, emergencies and to attend out of town meetings and seminars.
5. Residency within the City Limits of Hartselle must be obtained within one (1) year of hire.
6. Applicants who are considered for employment must pass a background check, medical physical, and a drug test.
This position plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the activities of the Public Works Department which include; oversees the provision
of departmental services to City residents including Garbage, Recycling, Yard Waste and Debris Pickup; prepares, implements and evaluates
capital improvement and long-range infrastructure development plans; provides technical assistance and liaison with City staff, consulting
engineers, developers and other agencies; procures and supervises maintenance of equipment, supplies, materials and facilities; participates
in the hiring, training, discipline and termination of Public Works employees; sets work schedules and assigns work orders; reports on projects
and the conditions of infrastructure to the Mayor and Council; proposes the annual budget for Public Works; oversees the maintenance of streets,
storm water drainage, Garbage Transfer Station, municipal landfill, sidewalks and traffic signs; responds during emergency situations to maintain
safe roads; formulates and oversees construction and projects related to the Public Works Department; handles Public Works complaints from the
general public and performs other duties as assigned.
Health, Dental & Life Insurance, State Retirement, Vacation/Sick leave and paid holidays.
Only qualified Applicants need apply. Applications may be obtained at Hartselle Municipal Building
Monday – Friday between the hours of 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Completed applications must be received by November 10, 2014 at 4:00 pm.
The City of Hartselle is an Equal Opportunity Employer